Hormones are indispensable in ensuring the essential communication between cells and regulating the body’s functional systems. When your hormones are in a healthy balance, you look and feel your best. However, as you age, your hormones change and become imbalanced.
While it is typical for every woman to look forward to a future free from monthly periods, the trade-off may not be great. For instance, drops in estrogen and progesterone can make you feel like you aren’t yourself and even affect your overall health. Thankfully, there is a solution.
Hormone optimization, a personalized approach to hormone replacement, is a promising therapy for hormonal imbalance. When done correctly, it can help reverse the negative effects of hormonal imbalance. Read on to learn more about women’s hormone optimization therapy.
Hormones That Matter Most For Women
Women experience low energy, decreased sex drive, emotional upset, and even trouble losing weight. It is no surprise that they blame their hormones for these different experiences, as they stem from the hormones that matter most to their reproductive system.
Here are the hormones that matter most for women, and their imbalance can affect their health:
- Estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for the development of female reproductive organs and functions like ovulation, menstruation, and increasing cartilage density. The levels decline drastically during menopause.
- Progesterone: This hormone helps a woman achieve and maintain pregnancy by preparing the uterus for pregnancy after ovulation. Low progesterone levels often cause irregular periods and fertility problems, while higher levels increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Testosterone: Produced in ovaries in women, testosterone is responsible for sex drive, confidence, fat distribution, and bone mass.
- Thyroid Stimulating Hormone: Thyroid hormones perform various critical tasks in the body, including metabolism. While an imbalance rarely causes symptoms in the early stages, it can lead to a range of health conditions.
Symptoms of Hormonal Imbalance
Hormones are constantly communicating with organs, telling them how to behave, which keeps you healthy. Imbalances can throw critical body functions off balance, affecting your overall health.
If you are approaching or past the age of 40, here are some of the things you may experience when your hormones are unbalanced:
- Fatigue, lethargy, and lack of motivation
- Sleep disturbances and night sweats
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Anxiety and depression
- Fibrocystic breast tissue
- Mood swings
- Foggy thinking
- Weight gain or trouble losing weight
- Vaginal drynessDecreased libido
- Osteoporosis (bone loss)
The good news is that hormone optimizations can help reverse a range of these symptoms.
Hormone Optimization for Women
Every woman is bound to experience a decline in hormone production, particularly at around age 40.
Hormone optimization therapy assesses whether your hormone levels are below the optimal threshold and restores the natural hormone balance if the hormones are below optimal levels. The treatment is also known as bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
If you experience the above symptoms, you don’t have to wait until the symptoms are unbearable. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can be and is usually personalized to suit your hormone imbalance or deficiency. The treatment uses plant-derived hormones that are naturally identical to the ones naturally produced in your body and has been shown to improve well-being in several ways.
Whether you are in your 30s or 60s, hormone pellet therapy can help you achieve balance in your health and your life, acting as an anti-aging treatment.
Benefits of Hormone Optimization
Hormone optimization is one of the most important therapies available today. With proper administration, the subcutaneous hormone pellet implants will release hormones into your body, offering the following benefits:
- Reduction of symptoms
- Increased energy levels
- Enhanced sex drive
- Improved cognitive function
- Improved mood
- Improved sleep quality
Anecdotal and empirical data show aging women report manageable symptoms after receiving bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. For women approaching menopause and want to continue feeling young and energetic or improve their sexual drive, hormone optimization serves as an anti-aging therapy, which can help you stay healthy.
As every woman ages, the glands naturally slow down their production of essential hormones to the point they can’t match the body’s demands. That’s when BHRT is handy. Hormone optimization addresses an individual’s hormone imbalances or deficiencies, ultimately helping the patient lead a healthier and more fulfilling life. Hopefully, this post will give you insights into when and why you need bioidentical hormone replacement therapy.